April 10, 2010

What the hell?

So yeah, it's been a month since I last updated. Not particularly proud of that, but you know how it goes. Things have just been crazy around Casa de la Spangler lately, and between work, traveling, being good dog parents, sinus infections, and family visits, I just haven't found the time to write. I'll try to be better about it in the future.

On the upside, I have been using my time wisely. The wife and I went to Maui for 6 fabulous days and got some much needed downtime. I won a performance award at work, so they flew us out, put us up in a kick-ass resort, fed us well, and treated us like royalty.  Resort living ain't necessarily our thing, but we rented a car for a few days and explored the island. We had lunch at one of Bev Gannon's restaurants, saw kite / wind surfers riding 30' swells at Hookipa and the best Hawaiian Ices at a little shack in Kihei.



The view

All the locals we met were super laid back and friendly, and everyone tried to sell us weed. It was awesome.  I did almost choke to death on this pizza, in Paia, but it takes more than a slice of organic flatbread pizza to defeat me. We went whale watching and had some very close encounters with a Humpback whale mother and calf.  We even did a little 4'x4'ing in the West Maui mountains and got dirty as all get out. It was also awesome.

Pancho and lefty


Maui was great, but it was also super expensive, and I can't imagine paying to go back. We had a great time and all, but there are so many other places we want to go and it really was stupidly expensive. Also, Maui was very touristy in a way that just doesn't appeal to me. I'm grateful for T-Mobile USA for the experience, but we were happy to go home. Why you might ask? We missed the hell out of these guys:

Heading to the dog park

You can check out all the pictures on my Flickr page, if you're in to that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment